Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) Cell
The proposed GIAN is envisaged to achieve the following objectives :-
To increase the footfalls of reputed international faculty in the Indian academic institutes.
- Provide opportunity to our faculty and students to learn and share knowledge and teaching skills in cutting edge areas.
- To provide opportunity to our students to seek knowledge and experience from reputed International faculty.
- To create avenue for possible collaborative research with the International faculty.
- To increase participation and presence of international students in the academic Institutes.
- Opportunity for the students of different Institutes/Universities to interact and learn subjects in niche areas through collaborative learning process.
- Provide opportunity for the technical persons from Indian Industries to improve understandings and update their knowledge in relevant areas.
- Motivate the best international experts in the world to work on problems related to India.
- Develop high quality course material in niche area, both through video and print that can beused by a larger body of students and teachers.
- To document and develop new pedagogic methods in emerging topics of national and international interest.
Honorarium to International Faculty A maximum amount of US $ 8000 for 12 to 14 hours of lectures and US $ 12000 for 20 to 28 hours of lectures will be paid to the international experts covering their travel, honorarium and video recording of their Lectures. Local hospitality will be arranged by the host institution. The duration 9number of weeks/days) can be mutually decided by the host institution and the visiting faculty.